Top 10 Deadliest Diseases.
The news is filled with stories about Ebola, and breast cancer gets a lot of press too.
Would it surprise you to know that neither makes the list of the 10 deadliest diseases?
Even more surprising, perhaps, is that several of the deadliest diseases, including the number one killer in the world, are at least partially preventable.
Do you imagine that…
The disease are partially preventable
Where a person lives, access to preventive care, and quality of healthcare all factor into their risk.
The top five deadliest diseases haven’t changed much in the past decade, but we’ve managed to lower the number of deaths for some of the top 10 deadliest diseases.
1. Coronary Artery Disease (Ischemic Heart Disease)
3. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
4. Lower Respiratory Infections
5. Trachea, Bronchus, and Lung Cancers
7. Diarrheal Diseases
8. Diabetes Mellitus
9. Preterm Birth Complications
10. Tuberculosis (TB)
Worthy of Mention
They didn’t make the top 10 deadliest disease list, but these diseases are definitely worth noting.
* Malaria is caused by a parasite that infects mosquitos.
* Measles is a contagious viral disease that can be prevented through immunization.